Sunday, April 18, 2010

Living in the Imagination

I took a road trip by myself a couple of weeks ago, thanks to Carol, who took care of the shop. It was a gloriously sunny day, and I toured the hill country, visiting yarn shops and eateries along the way. I haven't done that in quite some time and it had the hoped for effect... I came back energized and with renewed excitement for all things fiber.

I love going to shops I haven't visited before and it was fun to get the chance to finally visit The Tinsmith's Wife in Comfort and Stonehill Spinning in Fredericksburg. Of course, I had to buy yarn, and even got some beads for knitting! It was a lovely, refreshing day, enjoying fiber and friends.

End result, I've just been going crazy with project ideas, imaginings of new colorways, spinning of designer yarns and planning weaving projects... so much that I've had virtually nothing to say. I know, it's hard to believe... but I've been so busy talking to myself and living in my own imagination, that my words to you all have been virtually non-existent!

That will not last for much longer, though. Why? I have been designing several projects, including a really cute scarf and hat pattern, and several woven projecs.  Also, I've finally gotten myself set up as a designer on Ravelry under "Susan Fricks" and "Yarnorama", so you can find my patterns there. I've got 3 free patterns and the Love You Sweater available there now, with more to come. And I've finally gotten some ads done in Ravelry which allow you to see the yarns we have in stock. I'll have links to all this on the Yarnorama web site in the next few days, too.

The cool thing about living in the imagination for me is that I have a burst of energy that sooner rather than later comes out on the physical, tangible side as real projects and ideas to share with you all. 

I think you will really love the things I've got in the works! At least they are wonderful in my imagination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment