Saturday, March 27, 2010

Jubilation!!

I made my way through my accounting woes and I am jubilant! So now I'm back and able to focus on fibery things.

First, let me show you what I've talked about having finished...
My 198 Yds of Heaven blocked. Yarn is Mirasol Tupa, a 50/50 merino & silk blend that has a fab sheen.
I'm pleased with the final results.

Next up is my Weekend Jacket. I started this a year ago January and set it aside when spring came. I'm happy that I pulled it back out and finished it. It has become my very favorite sweater jacket! Soft, cuddly and looks great dressed up or down. I use a shawl pin for the closure.

This was one big project off my list of WIP's... hooray!
Then, just tonight, I finished the Cabled Sleeveless Shell, the first of my spring and summer tops. I used the new Cotton Twirl, a variegated cotton & elastic yarn. The yarn is tightly twisted, which I really love, so knitting with it was non-splitty and totally pleasureable. I'm going to have to make another top out of this yarn, as it's super comfy and stretchy in just the right amount. Tomorrow this gets blocked and then it's ready for prime time.  Btw, the color is called BBQ Sauce. Don't you just love that?
Finally, for those of you who may think that nothing much exciting ever happens in Paige, here's the turkey that ran up our street and up over the railroad tracks a few days ago. He certainly has some place to go, other turkeys to see, by the look on his face!

1 comment:

  1. Love your post here from the jubilation to the turkey! I am happy that you have made it through the tax duldrums (I wish I were there)and are back up on top of the fiber mountains! LOL I am amazed at how excellant the turkey picture came out. Turkey's on the move always make me smile. They do seem to be always on a mission.

    ReplyDelete