Friday, March 19, 2010

Things finished

I've been hunkering down this last week and finishing projects. First done, the 198 yards of heaven shawlette. I even blocked her and she is quite lovely, with a finished measurement of 45" x 21". I would definitely add another repeat if I do another because I had lots of yarn left over and it could use being just a tad bigger.

Next up, the Weekend Jacket. This is one I started in Jan 2009, but put aside when spring came, pulled it back out again this winter and have had it ready to put together for at least a couple weeks or so. Finally sewed it together... don't know what I was avoiding as it was really easy and only took a couple hours to get it all done. I love how this jacket came out! it's longer than I expected and I like that about it, too.

Finally, I'm nearly finished with the cabled shell out of Cotton Twirl. I should get the front done tonight, and maybe even sew it together so I can work on the armhole and neck finishing.

Aren't they lovely? don't you just love the colors and styles??

ok, I've once again left the finished pieces at the shop, while the camera is with me at home. Pictures of these beauties will come, I promise!

I do have one more little nugget that you will enjoy... I know I did!
Remember that lovely SOAR yarn I spun and finished last week? that gorgeous black blue-faced leicester/tussah blend that Morgan, our little cali cat was obsessed about? Well, I was diligent about putting the fiber up after that so she couldn't get at it any more before it had it spun up. And that worked swimmingly. After I finished the plying and photoed it and posted for you all, I set the skeins next to my bag that I take with me to the shop so I wouldn't forget.

The next morning, one skein was on the floor and we just assumed that the cats knocked it down when they were playing/tumblng. Silly me...  Once at the shop, I started to steam set the skeins and one skein had this funny 'wobble' area where the threads seemed out of whack. Yeah, they were out of whack, alright! Morgan (I feel confident accusing her!) had chewed right through the skein! Not all of it, but enough that she had to have worked that puppy for some time, only stopping when the threads were cleanly broken, with sections out of the middle. yum, yum... I can just hear her...

I haven't checked to see how much of it I've lost... I guess I should just let it go... easy come, easy go, and she must have relished her fiber dessert.

So productive week, overall. Sorry you can't see it!

Maybe I'll wear the jacket tomorrow at the shop's 2nd anniversary so you can drool over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment