Monday, February 8, 2010

Ishbel is Real!

Some of you had said that you are questioning if the Ishbel shawl is real... because, yes, I started it, and yes, I showed some progress, but then I was nothing but excuses!!

Well, let me unveil the lovely Ishbel, in all her splendor!
I wish you could feel the fabic... it's soft and comfy, a perfect little wrap for a chilly mornng or a day when you need just a little extra.

This is a lovely pattern, too, and one I want to make again (and again!). Ysolda is so very clever with her designs.

I, also, finished a woven shawl in charcoal and brown. Just need to even out the fringe and trim it and then it will be ready for presentation :). This one is a perfect rigid heddle project and I'll be making up kits to keep things simple, with the yarn and the draft all ready to go, so you will be all ready to make one just like it in the colorway of your choice. The Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool makes a yummy, velvety texture that I love.

As you guessed, no progress on the luscious Central Park Hoodie, but I do take it out of the bag every day just to admire and pet her. I know you understand what I'm talking about! She just purrs!!! I'm thinking I won't be working on her until next week, as I'm trying to finish up my boat anchor project, the Weekend Jacket.

You've all had one of these types of projects, right? There is absolutely nothing wrong with it... the yarn is nice, the pattern is nice, there aren't any mistakes in it (that I know of). But, I'm so over the top bored with it. I've finished the fronts, the sleeves and am on the back...that's it! Lots of stitches, just enough of a pattern to be less than mindless... I've so lost my momentum of this one and just have to push my way through to finish it. I won't allow myself to start another sweater until I finish this one, so that is my goal for this week! Nothing else matters!! (nearly...)

Chanel is not buying it... (can you hear her?? whaa, whaa, whaaa)

No comments:

Post a Comment