Thursday, February 4, 2010

On a Roll!

I finished the Ishmel shawl this evening... one more WIP from my rather long list completed.

That sounds like I'm not really enjoying myself, and that is so far from the truth. This shawl is a particularly lovely knit. The pattern has some interesting design elements, like an ingenious 3-stitch edge that makes a perfectly finished neck line, and a new (to me) bind off done on the reverse side that is flexible and stretchy, yet looks properly finished. Overall, this is fairly easy and I'd like to do another in 2-ply yarn. This was done from my handspun singles, and it gives a rustic look, that I really like, but it will be fun to see how it comes out in a smoother, more evenly spun and dyed yarn.

Normally, finishing one project would mean I could give myself permission to start another, but I allowed my WIP's to get just a BIT out of control! Right now, my WIP's include 2 weaving projects, 2 spinning projects, 1 knitted bag, 2 knitted sweaters, 2 pairs of socks. Hmmm, that actually doesn't sound so bad when I list it out! But it feels a little schizo when I get home after a hectic day to work on my calming activities and try to decide what to work on next. So I'll be working down my queue for the next few days and then will launch my next round of projects I've been planning. Maybe that's why I'm so anxious to finish up the already started ones... I'm just chomping on the bit to start the new ones!

Pics tomorrow... (camera ran out of battery... isn't that the way? :).

1 comment:

  1. my wip list:
    2 blankets - connect panels
    1 blanket - finish then connect
    1 shawl
    1 hat
    2 scarves
    1 pair of socks
    1 yet to be named thing - looks like a snake so far...maybe a small rug.

    Your list doesnt sound bad atall! I need to call you to see if that butterfly cotton yarn in orange came in yet for my shawl.:)

    ReplyDelete