Saturday, February 13, 2010

When the Yarn Knows Your Name

I finished my Weekend Jacket... well, not exactly -- it's not blocked or sewn together. I remind myself of my corp life when I used to admonish my team members who said their software programs were finished when they hadn't been tested or through quality control. I can't call it finished, dang it, until it's really FINISHED, as in ready for prime time wearing.
Still, I can now understand why they wanted to call their work finished... it means you can give yourself permission to move on to start the next shiny, exciting thing that calls us. And for me, it's been a lovely yarn called Cotton Twirl in a color called BBQ Sauce. Ever since it arrived, it's been calling out to me. So, with the jacket project off the needles, and the new project needing just those same needles, I used the lame excuse that it makes more sense to start the new project than put the needles back in their case. I'd only have to take them out again in another day or two for the very same project, so why not just try them out, right?... nothing serious... just a swatch!

Here's my 'swatch' with the needles and the Cotton Twirl...  looks like the start of a shell to me... 10" done just in sitting watching the opening Olympics ceremonies. This one might get done under the radar!!

The yarn is even nicer than I imagined it would be. No splitting, colors are pretty without pooling. I even found myself plotting the making of something else with it as I worked on this, and that's rare for me...

We won't talk about the Central Park Hoodie... we don't want her to get jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment