Sunday, January 17, 2010

Aeslight Knitting is Done!


I couldn't wait to present this to you all as I'm so loving how it came out. If this doesn't make you want to spin your own yarn, I can't imagine what will (especially after you feel it)! You just can't buy commercial yarn like this.

The pattern really lends itself to handspun made from handpainted top because of the construction and way it shows off the color variations in different ways in each section. I eliminated one repeat of the lace because I was worried I would not have enough yarn. I had 532 yds of 3ply fingering/light sports weight and have probably 20+ yds left. I'm glad I didn't do the number of repeats in the pattern because the shawl is about 44" across already without blocking, and the pattern says that final size is 45" wide after blocking.

It will be interesting to see how this blocks. More on that once I find a spot to block her that will not be a magnet for the cats. As you can see, Fischer is just waiting for his moment to lead the charge.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Susan it is absolutely to die for! I'm getting the nudge to spin, for sure.

    ReplyDelete