Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another Diversion - the (Marvelous) Central Park Hoodie!

Yes, I could not stick to my plan to complete something before starting yet another project. But I have a good reason! A week or so ago, someone mentioned how much she wanted a KAL, and I couldn't help but think about my long-time desire to have a Central Park Hoodie.

I had wanted one before the shop ever opened, and even came very close to having one as a shop model, but a sad finishing mishap morphed a beautiful malabrigo hoodie to a felted mass of fiber that will one day become a handbag... a very lovely one, but still not a hoodie.

As with all things that are meant to be, no sooner had this gal mentioned KAL, and I mentioned Central Park Hoodie, we had 6 or so people who also wanted to make one. What could I do, but start yet another project??

I decided to make it out of a suri alpaca/merino blend that I had hand dyed, in a colorway I call "chocolate blueberries". It's kettle dyed, so there are variations between skeins. This means I'm alternating skeins, and the dyeing is more prominent than the lovely cables, at least for now.

Here's my progress.

You can barely see the cables with this yarn, but that's ok by me. It might not be for everyone, though. We'll see how it shapes up, huh?

2 comments:

  1. etienne here: love that yarn! and wow, i finally finished that malabrigo reversible cable scarf i was telling you about. here's a photo on knittin' kitten: http://bit.ly/bTblcj

    ReplyDelete