Saturday, January 2, 2010

Aestlight Continues

I finished spinning the rest of Walk on the Wild Tide for my Aestlight Shawl today. All navaho (chain) plied and ready to go. This gave me another 214 yds. I was expecting more because I thought I had divided the fiber up evenly, but apparently not. Or maybe I'll be surprised to find that the grist is not the same. As it stands now, the yarn looks the same as the original one, so I'm going to assume I just took an extra stipped ball in the spinning of the first bobbin's full. I hope I have enough to finish this!

One of the highlights of my spinning today was that John, upon seeing me plying with a smile on my face, as is often the case when I'm spinning, said, "I Love it when you spin! It makes you soooo happy!". I hadn't realized I was smiling, but yes, it does make me incredibly happy.  Why is that??

I'm so pleased with this yarn and shawl, and can't wait to get more done on it (maybe tomorrow?? as my reward for completing year-end inventory control!).

No comments:

Post a Comment