Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cloan me please!!

My Aestlight shawl is coming along nicely...


and I nearly ran out of yarn so back to the wheel to spin more. That will probably take me a couple days or so as my attention has shifted a bit to yet another project.



Recognize this yarn? It's my Cold Front wensleydale singles from the Spunky club. I was dying to see this made up so decided to leave the shawl for today and test my spinning skills by warping the Cricket. I figured that loom would be the gentlest on this yarn, and with its 8-dent heddle, I had the best shot of getting the scarf off the loom with a minimal amount of yarn breakage or fraying. So far, so good! I find it so interesting the way the yarn lined up in stripes. Guess all that top stripping really worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment