Saturday, December 26, 2009

When the Knitting Muse will not Shut UP!

I had found a lovely shawl pattern, Aestlight, that I decided was just perfect for my Walk on the Wild Tide handspun... well, I didn't find the pattern, it rather found me when I viewed the beauty of a shawl a gal in Australia had made using it with her handspun. So, after finishing the plying of a lovely skein, I proceeded to spin the second half of the top onto a new bobbin.

And then it started... the knitting muse began her murmurings, and I began my own rationalizations about how I would only take a few minutes out to test the gauge, read through the pattern.




Witness here the results of my digressions. I've knit about 10 inches or so with this simply lucsious yarn. I can't stop... I was up until 1am last night because I just couldn't let her go, and I raced home this evening to do some more.

What is it about the combination of gorgeously fine yarn and a lovely pattern that makes us lose all notion of doing what we are supposed to with free abandon? I may lose all sense of responsibility for a few days more until this is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment