Friday, December 25, 2009

Wonderful Way to Spend a Day

We awoke, rather lazily, this morning to messages from friends/customers so excited about the gifts from the shop that Santa had brought them... spinning wheels, looms, swifts, gift certificates... it put smiles on our faces, truly, to be Santa's helpers!

It's rare when John and I have a day to just do whatever we please, and today, Christmas Day, we gave that to each other as our gifts. So, while he read and cooked and enjoyed the cats, I spun more of my Walk on the Wild Side roving (see yesterday's post). I finished filling one bobbin with thin singles, about 2oz worth, and then navaho-plied. Here are the results...

I'm loving it! 318 yds, so about 3800 ypp for the singles. I was waffling as to whether to do a navaho ply or a 2-ply, but I knew I just had to make Aestlight after I had seen the version below.

One more bobbin's full to spin up and I should have enough. I may just have to start knitting this before I finish the spinning... breaking my own rules about finishing all the yarn for a project before I start it, but what the hey... rules are meant to be broken, right?, and this yarn IS Walk on the Wild... 
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/franee/aestlight-shawl

Hope you all are having a glorious, happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment