Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How to Cook an Egg!

I know... this doesn't sound like a fiber obsession, and it's not. But believe me, I do get hungry during the day at the shop and sometimes have to forage with cold cereal or other similar treats. So today was one where I had a really fun, cooking learning that I just had to share.

I had some fresh eggs in the fridge left over from when John (DH) made hard boiled eggs for our party and had some cheese slices that I sometimes enjoy with crackers. And suddenly it occurred to me that I could try having a hot/warm breakfast for a change.

I look around and find my holiday coffee mug, break 2 eggs into it that I lightly beat with my trusty plastic fork, 2 slices of cheese slices broken into pieces and there it goes into the microwave on the baked potato cycle. Phone rang... on my return, 2-3 minutes later, I had a souffle... I mean, REALLY, puffed eggs with cheese coming up to the top of the mug.

Out it came, light and delicious! Who knew?? This could be the start of something wonderful for breakfast on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment